Monday, November 5, 2007

If I were King: Part 1

If I Were King:  a series of issues that would change if I made the world perfect.

I would outlaw leaf blowers.

There are several very good reasons why.  First of all, they produce noise pollution, bothering humans and wildlife alike.

Second, they are a lazy invention.  Only lazy people blow leaves into someone else's yard or into the street.

Third, users are kind of stupid.  By blowing leaves (and debris) into someone else's yard... they will end up in yours again.  By blowing them into the street, the passing traffic will probably coerce them from their new home into your yard.

And most importantly - they are pointless!  IF you are going to be making noise pollution.. how about a leaf vacuum/mulcher system?  Then they can be used for fertilization, plant beds, etc.  I know that these are already in existence, as I have seen their commercials and their products in Home Depot... BUT NO ONE USES THEM!  Why is that?  It seems to make MUCH more sense: environmentally, practically, and just plain logically.

Grr.  Anyone have a clue?

No comments:

Favorite YouTube Videos