Tuesday, June 22, 2010

New Job!

On June 4th, I received an email from the temp agency that placed me with UPS with a job opportunity: 

Administrative Support to Account team: Must have excellent data base skills, very high skills with Excel, heavy data entry work, high attention to detail and solid client service skills and great customer service.  Support the trafficking efforts of the advertising dpt.
Mon-Fri 8-5

I submitted my resume and waited.  The following week the temp agency came back to me with this feedback from their client: "over-qualified and not enough marketing experience"... as I had dumbed down my resume while applying for 10-15 jobs a week for the past eight months.  My response was that I had plenty of experience, but the resume might not explain that very well.  I took the time to both expand my resume to a 3 page, fully descriptive resume of my past jobs and their duties and submitted that resume. 

On Wednesday, June 17th I received a call asking if I was available the following morning for a 'meet and greet' to introduce myself and let them get a feel for who they'd ask back for the next round which would be actual interviews.  I agreed to meet them at 10am the following day, even though I was working two jobs that night (3-8p at UPS and 8p-2a hosting karaoke).  I was also fighting an ear infection and not feeling well so I both came home late and didn't sleep well... but I'm a professional (wink) and got up and drove to the interview... wowed them with my personality and professionalism and headed home to nap before going in to UPS. 

I found out a few hours later that it wasn't a "meet and greet" it was an actual interview and I was offered the job!

It's with Fred Meyer/Kroger's in-house ad agency called CB&S Advertising, is $2 more an hour and is full-time, temp-to-hire.

I start on Monday, June 25th!
 
YAY!

--
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Teh Interwebs" group.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to teh-interwebs-unsubscribe@googlegroups.com

No comments:

Favorite YouTube Videos